The Senior Development Manager will develop, lead and manage CLARE|MATRIX’s new corporate and alumni giving program. The position’s primary responsibilities include increasing organization revenue through growth of corporate sponsorships that would include signature fundraising initiatives that support peer-to-peer fundraising, management and growth of in-kind donation program, cultivation and engagement of the organization’s Alumni base in volunteerism and giving. In addition to the key responsibilities, the ideal candidate will have experience in recruiting and cultivating leadership volunteers, sponsors and event participants, and building membership or donor giving programs. Strong special event fundraising experience is a plus and a demonstrated track record of developing and growing donor and volunteer groups as there is a goal to develop an annual walk or related fundraising activity. The position requires strong organizational and networking skills, the ability to work on various events simultaneously and a strong eye for detail.
This is an opportunity for a professional to join a growing organization and to have an immediate impact on our work in saving lives through recovery. The position reports to the Chief Development Officer, and works closely with the organizational senior leadership team, as well as managing a development coordinator.
Develop and Manage a Corporate Sponsorship Program: The Senior Manager would be responsible for growing corporate and community organization relationships and gifts, particularly through cause-related marketing, in-kind donations workplace giving, and employee engagement partnerships. The Manager will support and, at times, take the lead on outreach efforts including speaking engagements and developing content for printed and online collateral, toolkits, and communications pieces on private sector engagement. Management of a strong sponsorship pipeline that yields results and provides clarity of the greatest growth opportunities.
Special Event Manager of Fundraiser/s: Lead the development, organization and project management of the organization’s first large scale walk/run fundraiser and other signature events for growing engagement, corporate sponsorship and corporate employee engagement.
Oversee and Grow Volunteer Engagement: Works with staff across our programs and departments to coordinate on volunteer engagement projects for corporate prospects, alumni and individual event volunteer engagement.
- Collaborate across departments to maximize partnership opportunities in a manner mutually beneficial for CLARE|MATRIX programming.
- Maintain system to track and report corporate partnership agreements and deliverables.
- Maintain knowledge and high level expertise in corporate relations giving strategies and trends as well as external factors affecting revenue performance. Seek perspectives and understand practices of other organizations.
- Increase corporate revenue through acquisition, retention and fundraising performance by corporations and organizations and through strategic plan accelerators that include volunteer engagement, innovation, digital and technology, strategic partnerships and awareness.
- Minimum 4 years’ fundraising experience with proven track record
- Minimum 2 years of management experience and execution of special events
- Minimum 2 years’ management experience in the development of volunteers and staff
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have experience in managing team event fundraisers and with event planning and execution
- Must be able to develop sponsorship decks and pitch communications and completion of noncomplex grants
- Track record of problem solving, partner negotiation, and securing significant five-seven figure gifts
- Experience and familiarity with cause marketing, corporate social responsibility (CSR), point of sale. employee engagement and sponsorship
- Proven track record with recruiting and working with volunteers
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel and Outlook
- Database knowledge (Raiser’s Edge and related programs preferred)
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions to execute on goals
- Strong knowledge of the international development donor community
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Development Manager” in the subject line.