- Report directly to administrative director and indirectly to clinical supervisor.
- Provide treatment in individual and group settings for individuals and families of individuals with chemical dependency problems.
- Provide treatment according to the Matrix model.
- Answer telephone calls requesting information about addiction or treatment.
- Assist in scheduling treatment appointments or help with appropriate referral.
- When authorized by administration, disseminate chemical dependency information to the community.
- Assist in intake of patients and scheduling of appointments.
- Prepare, maintain, and file charts.
- Monitor and do simple maintenance of physical plant.
- Advise superiors of problems.
- Collect laboratory specimens.
- Do diverse tasks as requested by the administrative director.
- Be responsible for closing clinic properly when leaving last.
- Assume a rotation on the on-call schedule.
- Adhere to personnel policies.
- Perform any additional tasks as requested by Clinic Director.
- High School diploma or equivalent to diploma (College degree preferred).
- Must be certified (or registered) by a California recognized drug and alcohol certifying body.
- Prior training in counseling or addiction treatment.
- History of performing in a professional capacity.
- Willing to follow Matrix personnel policies.
- Able to work the hours and days required by position being considered.
- Be willing to learn and able to deliver the Matrix model of outpatient chemical dependency treatment.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Counselor I” .