Reports To: Residential Manager
About the CLARE Foundation: CLARE Foundation is a nonprofit organization providing compassionate treatment and recovery services for alcoholism and substance abuse to individuals, families, and the community.
Summary: The Employment Specialist supports the activities of the department, which provides high quality substance abuse employment services for people who are struggling with the addictions to alcohol and other drugs by assisting them in achieving identified goals.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Work in collaboration with Behavioral Health Clinician on treatment plan goals surrounding employment goals
- Group Facilitation when needed for job readiness skills
- Provide weekly case management sessions related to treatment plan in collaboration with Behavioral Health Clinician on time management and social skills development.
- Ensure contractual guidelines and CLARE standards are upheld
- Crisis Management when appropriate
- Collaborative team work
- Assist clients with all aspects of job search to include: writing and/or updating resumes
- Outreach in community to businesses that are open to employing SB678 special population
- Assist clients with developing or improving interview skills, presentation and prepping for actual interviews
- Learns how to fill out applications online and how to answer true fully and legally about probation status
- Assist in donations for interview items
- Set up ways in which those on probation can save money and balance their budget
- Ensure client files are upheld and managed to contractual and CLARE standards
- Conduct goal oriented case management sessions with caseload clients
- Conduct group counseling and educational sessions
- Act as a client advocate and assist clients with problem solving
- Provide appropriate referrals, following up on all referrals and interventions to ensure that the client has access to designated services.
- Provide crisis intervention and emotional support to clients when appropriate
- Maintain contact with each client as required by contract and program guidelines
- Maintain accurate and up to date information in each client’s chart and document client contact by using the EHR system
- Advocate with primary care providers to ensure access to quality treatment and/or care in collaboration with Behavioral Health Clinician
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with clients and staff; Respond to client requests in a professional and courteous manner; Observe and adhere to client confidentiality standards.
- Supervise residents in coordination of daily program activities
- Assure that all emergency needs of residents are met and these incidents are reported as required
- Respond appropriately to emergencies including contacting appropriate staff and supervisor(s), interacting with police, fire, and medical personnel as needed.
- Assure adherence to all safety rules and regulations
- Answer phones and provide information, referrals, and assistance to callers
- Provide client transportation, if applicable
- Ensure the safety of participants by limiting access to facility to participants, staff, and authorized visitors and service providers; help to ensure adequate health and safety standards are maintained throughout the facility.
- Maintain open, complete, and accurate verbal and written communications with all staff and residents
- Attend and actively participate in case conferences, related training, and collaborative relationships between CLARE and established partners
- Represent CLARE at community meetings, collaborate with other social services agencies as a part of continuum of care, and serve as an advocate for CLARE constituents, if applicable
- Other tasks as assigned by the program management
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have counseling experience in a substance abuse treatment center setting. Certified AOD Counselor preferred. In addition the following are strongly desired/required:
- Experience and ability to work well with diverse forensic populations.
- Possess an understanding of issues of substance use and mental health.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and counseling skills
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
This job will be primarily located at the CLARE Foundation’s offices in Santa Monica, CA. While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and list “Employment Specialist” in the subject line.