Job Title: Director of Outpatient Services
Reports To: Chief Clinical Officer
The CLARE Foundation is a nonprofit organization providing compassionate treatment and recovery services for alcoholism and substance abuse to individuals, families, and the community.
Summary: Reporting to the Chief Clinical Officer (or designee), the Director of Outpatient Services is responsible for and oversees operational, financial, and clinical operations of all outpatient programs of the CLARE Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Chief Clinical Officer in planning, implementing and measuring quality services by providing feedback, monitoring progress and attending and conducting training.
- Provide clinical and administrative supervision for staff to maximize quality of care to all clients
- Oversees the operational, financial and clinical operations of all outpatient programs consistent with regulations and standards
- Enhance outpatient programming and ensure compliance with federal/state regulations, CARF standards, DMH and DMC standards, insurance company requirements and other regulatory policies regarding program services and requirements
- Ensures assessment, treatment plans and progress notes are accurate, clinically sound and turned in on time to ensure proper accounting.
- Ensure client attendance is tracked correctly and that documentation for each service provided is clinically sound and appropriate.
- Work with the Chief Clinical Officer to establish short and long-range objectives, plans, and strategic goals for programs
- Coordinate, implement and monitor program development, licensing and contract compliance and effective service delivery and outcomes
- Assist in Planning, Training, Implementing and Measuring Quality of services
- Assist in the development, training, implementation and monitoring of clinical policies, procedures, and program measures to ensure the delivery of high quality services in compliance with agency and contract requirements and standards; promote and utilize evidence-based practices
- Ensure continuous quality improvement of programs and services. Evaluate program quality and effectiveness, identify need areas, develop and monitor improvement strategies on an on-going basis
- Coordinate and collaborate with directors in respect to clinical planning, service delivery and cross-division issues
- Oversee outpatient programs to ensure quality of services are delivered in community and contracts are being fulfilled
- Provide clinical supervision and training for mental health interns and counselors as well as facilitate treatment team meetings
- Oversee staff schedules, time cards, and performance reviews.
- Provides Clinical Assessments for potential clients to ensure clients are appropriate for programs
- Crisis management when necessary and 24/7 on-call
- Utilize electronic health records software for the daily functions of the position as necessary
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
The ideal candidate would have a strong understanding of Substance Use Disorders with at least three to five years of supervision experience; also be able to demonstrate familiarity with the Matrix treatment modality. In addition, the following are strongly desired:
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of the CLARE Foundation
- In-depth knowledge of treatment approaches, evidence based practices and assessment standards
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership skills and the ability to supervise a multi-cultural staff
- LMFT/LCSW/PhD required. Must be licensed long enough to provide clinical supervision
- Knowledge and experience working with insurance is a plus
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
This job will be primarily located at the CLARE Foundation’s offices in Santa Monica, CA. While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
CLARE Foundation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CLARE does not discriminate because of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, age or physical, mental or sensory challenges. No qualified applicant will be denied employment sole on the basis of having or not having a prior history of alcoholism or other drug addiction.
A competitive compensation package is offered with full benefits, 403 (b) plan and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and list “Director of Outpatient Services” in the subject line.