Job Title: Counselor III/Recovery Worker
Reports To: Operations Manager
CLARE Foundation is a nonprofit organization providing cost-efficient, effective and compassionate treatment, recovery and prevention services for alcoholism, substance abuse and behavioral health treatment to individuals, families and the community.
Summary: The Counselor III will serve as a liaison for Medical Director and conduct assigned tasks given by the Operations Manager. The Counselor III helps to ensure clients are safely monitored throughout detoxification and all facets of the day to day operations run smoothly. This position works closely with the management team and treatment team to ensure that the compatibility and integrity of the programs are upheld.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support oversite of client’s day to day operations and services
- Assist management team and treatment team with client supervision and service delivery
- Ensures clients are safely monitored throughout detoxification
- Assist in maintenance of program records and files
- Ensure regular drug screens are conducts as directed by management staff and tests are logged appropriately
- Assure Incident Reports are recorded and reported
- Assure adherence to all safety rules and regulations
- Provide client transportation, if applicable
- Monitor clients who are going through detoxification by doing rounds, monitoring vitals and COWS/CIWA, making sure Medical Director’s medication orders are being followed
- Assist management and treatment staff in client supervision during daily activities
- Facilitate group therapy sessions and document under CARF and ASAM guidelines
- Adhere to medication policy: monitor client’s self-administration of medication, daily medication counts, document into electronic health records accurately
- Other tasks as assigned by the program management
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years counseling experience in a substance abuse treatment center setting.
In addition the following are strongly desired:
- Registered Recovery Worker mandatory.
- LVN is not required but preferred.
- A minimum of one year sobriety if recovering
- Clean driving record required if driving is a requirement
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
This job will be primarily located at the CLARE Foundation’s offices in Santa Monica, CA. While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A competitive compensation package is offered with full benefits, 403 (b) plan and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and list “Counselor III/LVN” in the subject line.
CLARE Foundation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CLARE does not discriminate because of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, age or physical, mental or sensory challenges. No qualified applicant will be denied employment sole on the basis of having or not having a prior history of alcoholism or other drug addiction.