Communications and Community Engagement Manager
The Communications and Community Engagement Manager will work across our organization with a variety of team members as a thought partner, strategy developer and implementer of communication initiatives that drive Clare’s year-round community outreach and brand to new audiences and valued stakeholders. She/he will have experience in managing brand development as well as defining and telling the story of our dynamic and inspiring enterprise. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with a deep understanding of social media platforms and campaigns with excellent writing and editing skills. Our ideal candidate is incredibly well organized, a self-starter that enjoys working in a collaborative and fast paced environment. She/he must be a compelling written and oral communicator, generator of creative, doable ideas and an exceptional project manager. A demonstrated track record of delivering and deploying effective communication within and outside of the organization and that she/he strives to continuously improve scale, reach, quality and impact of their managed initiatives in order to better reach our audience and improve engagement
This is an opportunity for a professional to join a growing organization and to have an immediate impact on our work in saving lives through recovery. The position reports to the Chief Development Officer, and works closely with the CEO and the organizational senior leadership team, as well as managing a part time staff associate on community engagement and communications and public affair firms/consultants.
Develop and maintain an organization wide messaging platform: Manage and drive the visual identity in the production of all print and digital collateral that includes newsletters, impact reports, program materials, annual reports, high touch VIP communications, appeals and mailings. Oversee and lead the development of engaging content for social media, website and community engagement activities for identified internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
Strategy Development & Planning: Support the Chief Development Officer in creating an annual work plan and long term planning that directs Clare’s communication activities in alignment with organizational work planning and strategic plan. This includes marketing and public relation strategies that enhance and expand our image and reputation in the community.
Direct digital platforms and social media presence: Maintain Clare’s website and generate content for our social media channels to strengthen and grow audiences. Build those audiences towards the management of a vibrant and vocal on-line community that can be leveraged to support organizational outreach targets and goals. Create a holistic editorial calendar of social content that incorporates relevant third-party stories, original content and organizational news updates. Ensuring that all actions and strategies provides regular reporting on content performance and overall health of social channels.
Community Engagement and Thought Leadership: Creates and coordinates a comprehensive plan for support of community engagement, especially our base of Alumni, that includes volunteers and corporations (cause marketing/sponsorship) in collaboration with the appropriate internal departments. Advance the understanding of our programming model by equipping internal stakeholders-staff, board and alumni- with needed messaging, information and materials to have them serve as effective ambassadors.
- Designing and recommending new and creative ways to tell Clare’s story through visually compelling and easy-to-digest print and web-based materials
- Craft communications that inspire philanthropic giving and engage donors and sponsors
- Maintain communications platform for telling and archiving client’s stories in a strategic way and photo library that supports the various uses and organizational needs
- Oversee deployment of digital communications assets for on-line fundraising, crowdfunding, and development related social and web campaigns
- Assistance and participation in various special events annually; Support special events with overseeing invitation and web design, speech writing, and donor relations
- Collaborate with external PR agency and manage the development and execution of media strategies that includes writing and distributing developed press releases, advertorials/editorials, and video content
- Work closely with internal leadership/staff to identify and engage new clients, volunteers, partnerships and corporate relationships through management of a thoughtful organizational community engagement plan
- Deploy a strategic Alumni relations program in partnership within development and programming
- Monitor, track and analyze the effectiveness of communication activities and provide data driven strategies and tactics
- Assure consistent communication of the internal and external image and position and ensure articulation of the desired image and position to all audiences
- Manage relationships with outside vendors that include printers, graphic designers, public relations and website administrators
- Bachelor’s degree required; training and/or degree(s) in Communications, Public Relations, and/or Public Health preferred
- 4-6 years of professional experience in a communications role, ideally with a nonprofit and preferably in a communications role with a social service or substance abuse organization
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with outside media and communications professionals, senior management, Clare’s Board of Directors, and staff
- Sophisticated knowledge of websites, social media, and other communications related mediums including knowledge of Windows and donor software, CMS platforms, email marketing software, Adobe CS Suite, social media dashboards, Google analytics, basic HTML and CSS skills; Experience with email lists (Constant Contact) and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), Use of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) best practices a must
- Exceptional organizational, time and resource management skills and excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to build respectful relationships with colleagues from different cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds
- Discretion when handling sensitive personal information regarding supporters and prospects
- Experience with event planning and execution
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, “Communications and Community Engagement Manager”.