Reports To: Program Manager
The CLARE Foundation is a nonprofit organization providing effective and compassionate treatment, recovery, and prevention services for alcoholism and substance abuse to individuals, families, and the community.
- Serve CLARE’s mission, vision and values
- Represent CLARE in the community
- Advance CLARE’s programs and reputation
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work with mothers, their children and expectant parents to identify family and cultural support networks that may provide support and assistance.
- Collaborate with child daycare services, schools, and family therapist in order to support the process of transitioning to permanent housing.
- Work with the Behavioral Health Clinician to assist pregnant women to access comprehensive prenatal and postpartum care, through referrals.
- Provide family support services and referrals for a caseload of families including transportation, translation and parent advocacy.
- Maintain and utilize referral list of local agencies for parents and families.
- Distribute lists of resources to parents annually.
- Maintain detailed data records on parents served, services provided, services received, and outcomes.
- Develop and present monthly reports including narrative and data section to the Project Director in a timely manner.
- Provide education and job training resources for parents.
- Actively participate in in-service training.
- Work effectively with other team members.
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment and participation in the program as directed.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Licensed mental health professional
- Strong clinical skills with at least 2 years proven experience working with families and children.
- Familiarity with principles of family-centered evidence-based services
- Strong communication, computer, organizational, leadership and supervisory skills.
- H6 drivers record
- Computer skills
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
This job will be primarily located at the CLARE Foundation’s offices in Santa Monica, CA. While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A competitive compensation package is offered with full benefits, 403 (b) plan and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and list “Children’s Program Coordinator” in the subject line.