Reports To: Call Center/Admission Manager
CLARE Foundation is a nonprofit organization providing compassionate treatment and recovery services for alcoholism and substance abuse to individuals, families, and the community.
Summary: The Call Center Representative is responsible for providing phone coverage and generating interest in the Clare Foundation treatment program offerings and working with potential clients and their families to facilitate an admission. Our Call Center Representative answers all pre-admissions/general intake questions from potential clients, families or their referral sources. They conduct over the phone screenings, schedule intakes, and assist clients with understanding their insurance benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide phone coverage during assigned shift
- Ability to generate interest in our treatment program offerings
- Ability to advise callers on the treatment process and move potential clients past their barriers to treatment
- Document all client information and communication in Salesforce
- Maintain knowledge of our treatment center’s service offerings and current census
- Timely follow ups with qualified clients to ensure admission
- Professional and positive attitude in the work place and with all callers
- Provide excellent customer service to potential clients and their family members
- Ability to successfully prioritize in a fast-paced working environment
- Communicate insurance verification results to potential clients
- Discuss payment options with client and/or family
- Refer caller to appropriate facility outside of our network if they are not appropriate for one of our treatment centers
- Follow all call center protocols and processes
- Adhere to company HIPAA and confidentiality policies
- Comply with instructions and direction from Call Center Coordinator, in the interest of establishing priorities
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have counseling experience in a substance abuse treatment center setting.
- Certified AOD
- Must have 2 years of experience within the chemical dependency field working over the phone or face to face with clients.
- CAADAC or related certification is a plus
- Excellent computer based and telephonic skills – Salesforce experience is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong client focus
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
This job will be primarily located at the CLARE Foundation’s offices in Santa Monica, CA. While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A competitive compensation package is offered with full benefits, 403 (b) plan and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and list “Call Center Representative” in the subject line.