Reports To: Residential Program Manager w/oversight by Sr. Director of Clinical Services
CLARE Foundation is a nonprofit organization providing compassionate treatment and recovery services for alcoholism and substance abuse to individuals, families, and the community.
Summary: The Behavioral Health Clinician will spend the majority of his/her time conducting and documenting clinical assessments and client evaluations.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Conducting Biopsychosocial assessments
- Utilization reviews, discharge summaries and other documentation for insurance and government contract clients
- Crisis and clinical support to programs as needed
- Group facilitation
- Case management and therapy
- Biopsychosocial assessment
- Conduct full Biopsychosocial interviews with new and existing clients; perform mental status exams
- Perform duties within given timeframes; meet or exceed weekly Biopsychosocial quota
- Utilization reviews, discharge summaries and other documentation for insurance clients
- Meet with insurance clients to conduct utilization reviews and document medical necessity
- Document discharges for insurance clients in a timely manner
- Crisis and Clinical Support to Programs
- Assist programs with clinical and mental health needs as they arise
- Conduct crisis intervention sessions and assess for client stability; suicide and/or Tarasoff assessment may be needed
- Group Facilitation
- Conduct group counseling and educational groups as part of regular daily duties
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Attend weekly treatment team meetings to provide clinical guidance and support
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled to provide clinical guidance and support
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
The ideal candidate would have a strong understanding of the client care landscape with at least two to three years’ experience. In addition, the following are strongly desired:
- IMF, ACSW, or PsyD Intern credential required
- Experience with mental status exams and diagnosis a plus
- Responsive to feedback and a team player while also being able to work independently
- All hours towards this position would be in addition to your existing commitment to CLARE
- Opportunity to gain BBS supervised hours
- Potential on-call or evening hours
- Hourly rate base on experience
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
This job will be primarily located at the CLARE Foundation’s offices in Santa Monica, CA. While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and list “Behavioral Health Clinician” in the subject line.