The Development Associate will be a key player on the Development team and support our fundraising activities to increase individual & institutional giving, corporate sponsorship and event management through the implementation of core fundraising strategies. The Associate will join a highly collaborative team and coordinate revenue activities to grow new donor acquisition that includes the planned development of affinity and membership groups, donor research and prospecting, donor appeals, and coordinating donor engagement opportunities and events. The Associate will help our grant writing leadership in coordination of stewardship activities of current institutional funders, actively participate in annual giving appeals, gift tracking and processing, donor correspondence and donor relations. We are looking for an individual with an exceptional aptitude for event coordination, excellent writing skills, donor engagement, marketing through digital communications, and driving a prospect research program. The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for Clare’s mission and the non-profit sector, interested in a career in development/fundraising and has a demonstrated ability to execute administrative responsibilities while keeping an eye toward building operations that sustain fund development and revenue growth. The ideal candidate is poised for growth, highly organized, detail oriented, analytical, proactive and a strong communicator.
Gift entry and processing: With an understanding of gift processing principles and practices, the associate will liaise with key staff and Chief Development Officer to lead gift entry, acknowledgement processes, draft and prepare acknowledgement letters and all reporting in the donor database. Create financial and pledge tracking reports.
Event and Committee Coordination: Facilitate the coordination and production of donor and funder engagement activities and production of successful sponsorship and volunteer activities. Coordinate semiannual meetings and gatherings to support growth of affinity networks. Organize vendors for major fundraising and cultivation activities. There is an annual dinner and a sought second large scale event to be hosted annually.
Prospect Development: Support the development of a robust pipeline of prospective donors through ongoing, strategic donor prospecting. Conduct prospect research, create donor profiles and manage donor research tools to identify major donors and leverage existing relationships.
Membership development and management: Help edit/proof, develop and finalize solicitations, presentations & marketing materials for affinity networks and major donor prospects. Drive and monitor moves management process to improve external cultivation and new donor growth. Manage fulfillment of affinity network benefits.
Cultivation and Donor Relations: Assist in the facilitation of increased cultivation offerings and donor acquisition activities that include the development of a welcome series for donors, correspondence, communications (e-blasts, invitations, lapsed donor and cultivation activities) and donor relation mailings/e-campaigns.
Effective and efficient operations for fund development: Generate donor reports, segmented donor prospect lists, manages event budget and project management of annual calendars. Maintaining and managing the quality and integrity of the donor database that includes support of transition to new organizational database (Raisers Edge). Delivery of error free communications that inspire donor loyalty.
Grant writing and direct mail annual appeals: Support the development (limited writing) and assemble proposals and reports and draft and disseminate annualized (2-3x per year) appeal letters to individual donors. Prepare mailing lists including deployment of segmentation strategies.
Donor record keeping: Maintain and manage detailed grant tracking and grants calendar, donor files and donor database records. Internal coordination across teams and the executive office to meet proposal and report deadlines.
Stewardship and Donor Relations: Assist in the facilitation of increased stewardship and donor retention activities that include the development of correspondence and newsletters, communications (e-blasts, invitations, lapsed donor and stewardship activities) and donor relation mailings/e-campaigns. Develop materials that support ongoing funder stewardship.
- Tracks and manages plans and strategy deadlines for all new and incremental fundraising revenue.
- Provide assistance to overall operations that includes gift processing and reporting.
- Coordinate internal meetings including scheduling, agenda and material development
- Assist development team by drafting, proofreading, editing and supporting internal and external communications.
- Must be able to liaise with CEO and executive office, board and committee leadership and major donors
- Assist with general office management including scanning, filing and organization of documents and lists
- Assist in completion of matching gift verifications and tracking, as well as government applications for funding
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in fundraising or event/volunteer management
- Outstanding writing and research skills; experience with grant writing or communications for fundraising a plus
- Prior experience working with organization with robust membership a plus
- Prior event coordination experience required
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Raisers Edge
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must have executed prospect research in prior roles; Proficiency in LexisNexis, wealth capacity screens resources (Wealth Engine or iWave), and Relationship Science
- Savvy with mail and e-mail merge
- Familiarity with crowdfunding and fundraising platforms a plus
- Incredible attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple and competing deadlines
Experience or desire to work in substance abuse/recovery or public health, development or philanthropic field a is highly desired
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Development Associate”.