In honor of National Volunteer Week, we hope to encourage our friends and supporters to embody the spirit of paying-it-forward and use these tips to give back to the CLARE community.
- Challenge and inspire clients to improve their health through physical fitness and exercise. Volunteer your time to teach a fitness course such as yoga, dance or cardio workout.
- Help our kitchen staff! We serve hundreds of clients every week and can always use extra hands to help with general kitchen duties, including serving our clients and assisting with tidying up and maintaining the facility.
- Hobbies are a great way to promote good health, improve self-esteem and relieve stress. Our doors are open to anyone willing to share their hobbies and passion with our clients, including:
- Journaling/Writing Workshop
- Book club
- Art – drawing, painting, etc.
- Music – guitar, piano, singing, etc.
- Join the CLARE Street Team! We produce several events throughout the year in and around the Santa Monica community, so this is a great way to connect with neighbors and engage businesses in the area. There are many opportunities to participate in upcoming events including mural unveilings, comedy events, fundraising galas, and other events. Be sure to like, follow, and SHARE our social media pages to stay updated on CLARE news and events.
- 82¢ of every dollar donated to CLARE goes directly in to our programs, so volunteering professional services will help donations go further towards our mission to save lives through recovery.
To find out how you can get started, contact email@example.com.